Instagram, with its cutting-edge features, keeps us hooked. But sometimes, the very updates meant to enhance our experience lead to unexpected hiccups, like reels disappearing.
If you’ve been pondering, “why reels are not showing in my Instagram after update“, you’re not alone. Let’s demystify this for you.
Why Reels Are Not Showing in My Instagram After Update?
The heart of the matter is that a multitude of factors can cause this. Whether it’s a glitch, device issue, or regional restriction, understanding the cause helps find a solution. Stay updated, and proactive, and remember to always check with official channels if in doubt.
1. Insufficient Storage Space
Is your smartphone’s memory teetering on the edge? One possible reason for your missing Reels is inadequate storage space. Instagram’s updates often bring new features and improvements, consuming additional space on your device. When your storage is nearly full, the app might struggle to load all your content, leading to missing Reels.
To resolve this issue, consider freeing up space on your device by deleting unused apps, clearing the cache, and transferring files to cloud storage. This should help Instagram run smoothly and display your Reels as expected.
2. Slow or Unstable Internet Connection
Instagram Reels rely heavily on a stable internet connection to load and play seamlessly. If your internet connection is sluggish or unstable, Reels might not load properly, giving the appearance of being missing.
To troubleshoot this, connect to a reliable Wi-Fi network or ensure that your mobile data signal is strong. Refresh the app and check if your Reels are now visible.
3. App Cache Overload
Just like your computer’s cache, app caches accumulate over time, potentially causing glitches in their functioning. If your Reels are not showing up, the app’s cache might be overloaded.
To address this, navigate to your device’s settings, find the Instagram app, and clear its cache. Afterward, relaunch the app and see if your Reels reappear.
4. Outdated App Version
Using an outdated version of the Instagram app can lead to various issues, including Reels not showing up. Developers often release updates to fix bugs and enhance user experience.
To ensure you’re using the latest version, visit your device’s app store and check for any pending updates for Instagram. Download and install the update if available, then relaunch the app and see if the issue is resolved.
5. Account or Content Restrictions
Instagram has community guidelines and content policies that all users must adhere to. If your Reels violate any of these guidelines, they might be removed or hidden from your profile.
Review your content to ensure it complies with Instagram’s rules. If you believe your Reels were wrongly flagged, you can appeal to Instagram’s support team for a review.
6. Technical Glitches and Bugs
No app is immune to technical glitches and bugs, and Instagram is no exception. Sometimes, a new update can introduce unforeseen issues that affect the visibility of your Reels.
To tackle this, report the problem to Instagram’s support team. Additionally, keep an eye out for further app updates that may contain bug fixes.
Instagram’s Evolving Algorithm
Often, Instagram tweaks its algorithm. While these changes aim to enhance user experience, sometimes they might interfere with how features like reels are displayed. Keep abreast of such changes to ensure you aren’t caught off guard.
1. Possible Glitches or Bugs
No software is devoid of glitches. Unexpected errors can emerge, especially after fresh updates. If reels aren’t visible, it might just be a temporary bug that Instagram will soon iron out.
2. Device Incompatibility
Your device might be the culprit! Older smartphones might struggle to support new features. Consider upgrading your device or checking its compatibility with the latest Instagram version.
3. Internet Connection Issues
A patchy internet connection can hinder reels from loading. Ensure you’re connected to a stable network. Switching between Wi-Fi and mobile data sometimes works wonders.
4. Region-Based Restrictions
Did you know Instagram Reels isn’t available everywhere? If you’re traveling or have recently changed your location settings, this could be the reason behind the vanishing reels.
5. Overlooked App Permissions
Your device’s settings might be restricting Instagram from accessing necessary resources. Double-check app permissions, ensuring Instagram has what it needs to function optimally.
6. Profile Settings and Private Accounts
Your account settings might be preventing reels from displaying. Review them, particularly if you’ve recently toggled between private and public settings.
7. Unintended Content Violations
Instagram might hide reels that violate its guidelines. Ensure your content aligns with Instagram’s standards to keep your reels visible.
8. Version Outdated
Using an older version of Instagram? This could be the reason behind missing reels. Regularly update your app to enjoy all its features.
9. Cache and Data Conflicts
Over time, cached data might conflict with app functionalities. Clearing cache or reinstalling Instagram can often bring back those elusive reels.
10. Troubleshooting Steps
If reels are still missing, walk through standard troubleshooting steps:
- Restart your device
- Update Instagram
- Reinstall the app
- Clear cache and data
- Check permissions
11. Connecting with Instagram Support
When all else fails, reach out to Instagram’s support team. They’re equipped to assist with such issues and will guide you through possible solutions.
10 Ways to Fix Instagram Reels Not Working
Instagram Reels have rapidly gained popularity since their introduction. But like any other feature, users sometimes experience difficulties in accessing or using Reels. If you’re facing issues with Instagram Reels, here are some potential solutions to get them up and running again.
1. Update Your Instagram App
- Why it helps: New features often require the latest version of the app. If you’re using an outdated version, it might not support Reels or may have bugs that have been addressed in newer versions.
- What to do: Go to your device’s app store, search for Instagram, and check if any updates are available.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
- Why it helps: A stable internet connection is essential for loading and streaming videos.
- What to do: Ensure you’re connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data. If already connected, consider restarting your router or switching between Wi-Fi and data.
3. Restart Your Device
- Why it helps: Sometimes, simple software glitches can be resolved by rebooting your device.
- What to do: Turn off your phone or tablet, wait for a minute, and then turn it back on.
4. Clear App Cache and Data
- Why it helps: Over time, cache data can accumulate and may cause app functionalities to lag or not work as intended.
- What to do: Go to your device settings, find ‘Apps’, select ‘Instagram’, and then clear cache and data. Remember, clearing data might log you out, so you’ll need to log back in.
5. Check for Regional Restrictions
- Why it helps: Instagram Reels isn’t available in every country. You might not be able to access them if they haven’t been rolled out in your region yet.
- What to do: Check Instagram’s official announcements or forums to see if Reels are available in your location.
6. Reinstall the Instagram App
- Why it helps: This ensures any corrupted files or issues from the previous installation are completely removed.
- What to do: Delete the Instagram app from your device and download it again from the app store.
7. Ensure App Permissions Are Enabled
- Why it helps: Instagram requires certain permissions to function optimally.
- What to do: Go to device settings, find ‘Apps’, select ‘Instagram’, and ensure necessary permissions (like storage and camera) are enabled.
8. Report the Problem to Instagram
- Why it helps: If a significant number of users report the same issue, Instagram will likely prioritize a fix.
- What to do: Inside the Instagram app, go to ‘Settings’, then ‘Help’, and select ‘Report a Problem’.
9. Avoid Content Violations
- Why it helps: Instagram may restrict or disable features if your content violates their guidelines.
- What to do: Ensure all your content adheres to Instagram’s community guidelines.
10. Switch Between Personal and Professional Account
- Why it helps: Some users have reported this method as a temporary fix.
- What to do: Go to account settings and switch your account type. You can always switch back after checking if Reels work.
Encountering the issue of missing Instagram Reels after an update can be frustrating, but it’s not an insurmountable challenge. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can address the problem and restore your Reels to their rightful place on your profile. Whether it’s managing storage, optimizing your internet connection, or staying up to date with app versions, these solutions can help you get back to sharing and enjoying your creative content on Instagram.
Remember, technical glitches happen to even the most advanced apps, but with a little know-how, you can keep your Instagram experience smooth and glitch-free.
- How To Add Text To Reels On Instagram?
- Where to find draft reels on Instagram?
- Can you see who views your Instagram reels?
- Instagram reels monetization requirements
- What to do If Instagram Reels are not Working?
- Why is my Instagram reel only 30 seconds?
- Why IG Reels Music Not Working?
- Why are Songs Currently Unavailable on Instagram Reels?
- Why Can Not I Add Music to My Instagram Reels?
Frequently Asked Questions
How to get reels back on Instagram?
Go to the profile tab after opening the Instagram app you just installed and logging into your account. Don’t worry if you don’t see the Reels tab right away from here. Log out and back in again, and the reel tab should now be visible if you need to reload Instagram.
Why is Instagram reel not showing all the photos?
The Reels feature may not appear as a result of a number of problems that can occasionally be caused by the cache that builds up over time. A potential workaround for the problem of Reels not appearing is to clear the cache frequently.
Why am I not able to post reels on Instagram?
Instagram Reels issues could be brought by a bug or glitch with your Instagram account. Logging out of your account and then back in again is the simplest way to fix that, especially if the Instagram app is registered into many accounts: In the bottom right corner, tap on your profile photo.
Why reels are not showing on my Instagram after the update iPhone?
Your smartphone could be the root of the “Reels not available on Instagram” issue. It’s possible that your device, whether it’s an Android, iPhone, iPad, or PC, won’t support the new Instagram Reels feature if it’s running an outdated OS version. Update your device to the most recent OS version to prevent compatibility problems.
Why are my reels not showing up after the latest Instagram update?
Sure, here are some FAQs related to the issue of reels not showing up on Instagram after the update:
1. Why are my reels not showing up after the latest Instagram update?
There could be several reasons why your reels are not showing up on your Instagram profile after the latest update. It could be due to technical issues, a slow internet connection, not meeting Instagram’s guidelines, shadowbanning, or an outdated app.
How can I check if my account is shadowbanned?
You can check if your account is shadowbanned by searching for your username on Instagram’s Explore page. If your account doesn’t show up in the search results, it could be shadowbanned.
Can using copyrighted music in my reels cause them not to show up on my profile?
Yes, using copyrighted music without permission can result in your reels not showing up on your profile. Instagram has specific guidelines for the use of copyrighted music in reels, and violating them can cause issues with your account’s performance.
Will deleting and re-uploading my reels fix the issue?
Deleting and re-uploading your reels might fix the issue, but it’s not guaranteed. It’s better to check if your reels meet Instagram’s guidelines and if your app is updated before deleting and re-uploading them.
How long does it take for Instagram to fix the issue?
It depends on the issue and the severity of the problem. If it’s a technical issue on Instagram’s end, it might take some time for them to fix it. If it’s an issue with your account, fixing it might take longer.
How can I avoid the issue of reels not showing up in the future?
To avoid the issue of reels not showing up in the future, make sure your reels meet Instagram’s guidelines, have a stable internet connection, and keep your app updated. Additionally, avoid spamming the platform or violating Instagram’s community guidelines to prevent shadowbanning.
Why can’t I see Instagram Reels after updating the app?
After an update, it’s possible that there might be a temporary bug or glitch in the system. Instagram constantly works on fixing these through subsequent patches.
Is my device compatibility an issue for not seeing Instagram Reels?
Yes, older smartphones might not support the latest features introduced by Instagram. It’s advisable to use a device that’s compatible with recent app updates to fully enjoy all functionalities.
Could my region or location be a reason for missing Reels?
Absolutely. Instagram Reels isn’t globally available. If you’re in a region where the feature hasn’t been launched, you won’t be able to see or use Reels.
I have the Reels feature, but why can’t I see some specific reels after the update?
If you can’t see specific reels, it’s possible that the content may have violated Instagram’s guidelines, leading to its removal.
How can I ensure that I always get the Reels feature after updates?
Always keep your Instagram app updated to the latest version. If you face issues, clear the app cache, reinstall Instagram, or check for device updates.
Are there any settings on my profile preventing me from seeing Reels?
If your account is private, certain reels may not be visible. Switching to a public profile might help, but remember that this also makes all your content viewable by anyone.
Is it possible that my Internet connection is affecting the visibility of Reels?
Yes, a stable internet connection is crucial for loading and streaming reels. If you’re experiencing connectivity issues, Reels might not load properly.
What should I do if I still can’t access Reels after trying all the solutions?
Consider reporting the problem to Instagram. Navigate to ‘Settings’ in the app, then ‘Help’, and select ‘Report a Problem’. This will notify Instagram of the issue.
Can changing the type of my account (e.g., from personal to business) impact the Reels feature?
Some users have found that switching between account types can temporarily resolve certain issues with Reels. However, this isn’t an official fix and may not work for everyone.
He is a marketing yet SEO specialist and holds experience living in a big Town. When earning a degree, he began utilizing his marketing skills such as SEO for the various big brands in the market. Whether it’s clothing, gaming, or any other industry, Usman is naturally curious to hunt out hidden gems and share them with different marketers. Moreover, he helps different websites to rank easily through his powerful skills. Powerfully opinionative, he likes to discuss topics inside the business with others. A Nintendo critic and proponent, his favorite console is the GameCube. Additionally to managing the SEO for Reels Guides, he creates videos for his Instagram account as well.