Instagram has become a popular platform for sharing engaging and creative content with friends, family, and followers. With the introduction of reels, users can now create short videos and share them with their audience.
But what if you come across an amazing reel that you want to share with your own followers on your Instagram story? In this guide, we will walk you through the process of sharing someone’s reel on your Instagram story, providing you with step-by-step instructions, FAQs, and expert tips to enhance your storytelling experience on Instagram.
How to Share Someone Reel On Instagram Story?
Sharing someone’s reel on your Instagram story is a simple process that allows you to spread creativity and showcase content that resonates with you. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Open Instagram and Find the Reel: Launch the Instagram app on your smartphone and navigate to the reel you wish to share. You can do this by tapping the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen, typing relevant keywords, and selecting the reel from the search results.
- Tap on the Share Icon: Once you have found the desired reel, tap on the arrow-shaped share icon located at the bottom right corner of the screen. This will open a list of sharing options.
- Select “Add Post to Your Story”: From the sharing options, choose the “Add post to your story” feature. It is usually the first option listed. Instagram will then redirect you to the story creation screen.
- Customize Your Story: Now, you can personalize your Instagram story by adding stickers, text, drawings, or any other creative elements you prefer. Feel free to express yourself and make your story engaging.
- Share the Reel on Your Story: Once you have customized your story, tap on the “Your Story” button to share the reel on your Instagram story. Your followers will now be able to view the reel directly from your story.
Why Can’t I Share My Reel To My Story?
If you’re experiencing difficulties when trying to share a reel to your Instagram story, there could be a few reasons behind it. Let’s explore some common issues and their possible solutions:
- Reel Privacy Settings: Ensure that the privacy settings of the reel you’re trying to share are set to “Public.” If the reel is from a private account, you won’t be able to share it on your story.
- Outdated Instagram App: Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. Outdated versions may have bugs or limitations that prevent the sharing feature from working correctly. Update your app to the latest version available.
- Internet Connection Issues: Check your internet connection. If you have a weak or unstable connection, it may affect the functionality of Instagram features, including sharing reels to your story. Connect to a stable Wi-Fi network or ensure you have a strong cellular data signal.
- Temporary Glitch or Server Issue: Instagram occasionally experiences temporary glitches or server issues that can affect certain features. If you’re unable to share a reel to your story, it could be due to such a temporary problem. Wait for a while and try again later.
- Device Compatibility: Ensure that your device meets the requirements to use the reel sharing feature. Instagram regularly updates its app, and some older devices may not support all the latest features. Check the app’s compatibility with your device specifications.
- App Permissions: Check if you’ve granted the necessary permissions to the Instagram app. Go to your device’s settings, locate the Instagram app, and ensure that permissions such as camera, storage, and microphone are enabled. Without these permissions, sharing reels to your story may not be possible.
How to Share Full 30-Second Reels on Instagram Story?
By default, Instagram allows you to share only a 15-second clip of a reel on your story. However, there is a workaround to share the full 30-second reel on your Instagram story. Follow these steps:
- Choose the Reel: Find the reel you want to share on your Instagram story. You can either browse through your Explore page or search for specific hashtags or accounts to find the desired reel.
- Save the Reel: Tap on the three dots (…) located at the bottom right corner of the reel. From the options that appear, select “Save.” This will save the entire 30-second reel to your camera roll.
- Open Instagram Story: Go to your Instagram profile and swipe right or tap on the camera icon at the top left corner to access the story creation screen.
- Swipe Up Gesture: On the story creation screen, perform a swipe-up gesture from the bottom of the screen. This will open your phone’s photo gallery or camera roll, depending on your device.
- Select the Reel: Navigate to the saved reel in your camera roll and select it. Make sure you choose the 30-second version of the reel.
- Customize Your Story: Once you’ve added the reel to your story, you can customize it by adding text, stickers, drawings, or any other creative elements you prefer. Personalize it to your liking.
- Share the Full Reel: Tap on the “Your Story” button to share the full 30-second reel on your Instagram story. Your followers will now be able to view the entire reel without it being cut off after 15 seconds.
- How to Repost Reels on Instagram Feed?
- How to Find Recently Deleted Reels on Instagram?
- How to Edit Saved Draft Reels on Instagram?
- How to Post Reels on Instagram Stories Without Posting?
- How to Share Instagram Reels to Facebook Stories?
Sharing someone’s reel on your Instagram story is a great way to engage with your followers, spread creativity, and showcase content that inspires you. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can easily share reels on your Instagram story and add your own personal touch to enhance the storytelling experience.
Remember to always respect the original creator’s work by seeking permission before sharing their reel on your story. Additionally, be mindful of copyright laws and give proper credit to the creators. Use the customization options available in Instagram stories to make your shared reel more engaging and interactive.
By sharing reels on your Instagram story, you can create a sense of community, inspire others, and foster meaningful connections with your followers. So go ahead, explore the reels on Instagram, find the ones that resonate with you, and share them with your audience to create an immersive and captivating storytelling experience.
Frequently Ask Question
Can I share someone’s reel on my Instagram story without their permission?
No, it is always respectful to seek permission from the original creator before sharing their reel on your story. Additionally, respecting copyright laws is essential.
Can I share reels from private accounts on my Instagram story?
No, reels from private accounts can only be shared within Instagram’s direct messaging feature and cannot be added to your story.
Can I add text or stickers to the shared reel on my Instagram story?
Yes, after selecting “Add post to your story,” you can customize the story by adding various elements such as text, stickers, drawings, or filters to make it more engaging.
Will the creator of the reel be notified if I share it on my Instagram story?
No, the creator of the reel will not receive a direct notification when you share their reel on your Instagram story. However, they may come across it if they view your story or if their followers mention it to them.
Can I share reels from other accounts to my story multiple times?
Yes, you can share reels from other accounts on your story as many times as you like. However, it’s always best to maintain a balance and not over-share content from a single account.
Is it possible to remove a shared reel from my Instagram story?
Yes, you can remove a shared reel from your Instagram story. Simply open your story, locate the story with the shared reel, tap on the three dots icon, and select the option to delete or remove the story.
Can I share a reel directly from my feed or explore page to my story?
Yes, you can share a reel directly from your feed or explore page to your story. Simply tap on the arrow-shaped share icon on the reel, choose the “Add post to your story” option, and customize it as desired.
Can I share someone’s reel on my story if their account is set to private?
No, if an account is set to private, you won’t be able to share their reels on your story. Only reels from public accounts can be shared in this manner.
Can I reshare a reel from my own story to another person’s story?
No, the option to reshare a reel from your story to another person’s story is not available on Instagram. However, they can view and share your story content by mentioning your username in their story.
Can I share a reel on my Instagram story if I have a business account?
Yes, sharing reels on your Instagram story is possible regardless of whether you have a personal or business account. The process remains the same for both account types.
He is a marketing yet SEO specialist and holds experience living in a big Town. When earning a degree, he began utilizing his marketing skills such as SEO for the various big brands in the market. Whether it’s clothing, gaming, or any other industry, Usman is naturally curious to hunt out hidden gems and share them with different marketers. Moreover, he helps different websites to rank easily through his powerful skills. Powerfully opinionative, he likes to discuss topics inside the business with others. A Nintendo critic and proponent, his favorite console is the GameCube. Additionally to managing the SEO for Reels Guides, he creates videos for his Instagram account as well.