Have you ever wanted to keep a video or picture from Instagram as a permanent image on your computer? This post will show you how to save Instagram reels to the camera roll.
If you’re using the Instagram app on your iPhone or iPad, you’ve probably been presented with the option to “save” an image or video to your Camera Roll. You can also see the saved reels later on.
While this feature is convenient, it’s not useful for anyone except those with many photos and videos stored on their device. What if there was a way to “save” your Instagram reels to your Camera Roll? That would be so cool!
It’s the end of the year, and you’ve just taken a few photos with your iPhone or Android phone. You’re about to post them to Instagram, but you want to save them to your camera roll, right?
Overview of Saving Instagram Reels
Before diving into the step-by-step instructions, let’s first cover some key facts on saving Reels:
- You can only save Reels you created – there is no way to directly download another user’s public Reel off Instagram. You can screen record to save others’ content.
- Photos/images in Reels can’t be extracted – if a Reel contains still images mixed with video clips, you can only save the video portion.
- Original quality is retained – the downloaded Reels remain in their original high-quality format.
- Only newer Reels can be saved – if a Reel is over 1 year old, Instagram removes the save option.
- No app download needed – all the methods only use tools already on your phone or Instagram itself.
Can I save Instagram reels to the camera roll?
Yes, you can save any Instagram Reel to your camera roll as long as the creator has not disabled the saving feature.
However, it’s important to respect the content creators’ preferences and copyrights. If the creator has chosen to disable saving for a specific Reel, you will not be able to save it directly using the built-in save option. In such cases, you can consider using alternative methods like screen recording or third-party apps to save the Reel to your camera roll.
If you are a regular user of Instagram, you will surely know the importance of saving reels, but if you are a new user, it is the best time to know how to save Instagram reels to camera roll.
The Instagram app is one of the best social media apps that can provide you with the best experience sharing photos and videos with friends and family members. Instagram reels are a feature that lets you create a video of your images or videos. You can capture images or videos by clicking on the camera icon in the top right corner.
There are two types of reels:
- Story reels:
Story reels share images or videos with friends and family members. To make a story reel, you need to take multiple images or videos and then combine them into a single image or video.
- Instant reels:
Instant reels are used to record the images or videos that you took in the past. You can take a screenshot of any part of the screen, and then you can create an instant reel of it. You can also take screenshots of any web page and create an instant reel.
How to Save Instagram Reels to Camera Roll?
Method 1: Using the Instagram App
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone and navigate to the Reel you want to save.
- Tap on the Reel to enter full-screen mode.
- Look for the three-dot menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and tap on it.
- From the menu options that appear, select “Save” or “Save Video.”
- The Reel will now be saved to your camera roll, and you can access it from your device’s gallery or photos app.
Method 2: Using a Screen Recording Tool
- If the previous method doesn’t work or if you want to save a Reel that doesn’t allow saving, you can use a screen recording tool.
- Start by playing the Reel you want to save on your Instagram app.
- While the Reel is playing, open the screen recording tool on your device. On most smartphones, this can be done by swiping down from the top of the screen and accessing the quick settings menu.
- Tap on the screen recording icon to start recording. Make sure to follow any on-screen instructions that may appear.
- Once the screen recording is active, go back to the Instagram app and let the Reel play until it reaches the end.
- After the Reel has finished playing, stop the screen recording by tapping on the recording icon again.
- The screen recording will be saved to your device’s camera roll, and you can find it in your gallery or photos app.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Apps or Websites
- There are several third-party apps and websites available that allow you to download Instagram Reels directly to your camera roll. These apps and websites often require you to copy the URL of the Reel and paste it into their download interface.
- To use these apps or websites, start by finding the Reel you want to save on the Instagram app.
- Tap on the three-dot menu icon at the bottom right corner of the Reel and select “Copy Link” or “Copy URL.”
- Once you have copied the Reel’s link, open the third-party app or website that you prefer to use for downloading Reels.
- Look for the option to paste the copied URL and click on it. The app or website will then process the URL and provide you with a download link.
- Click on the download link, and the Reel will be saved directly to your camera roll.
It’s important to note that using third-party apps or websites may come with certain risks. Make sure to research and choose reputable and trustworthy sources to protect your privacy and security.
Method 4: Use Instagram Reels Download Sites
A final option is to use an online Instagram Reels downloader website. They allow copying a Reel’s link and will download the video file for you.
However, we don’t recommend using these types of sites as many are filled with ads, popups, and links trying to get you to click or install things. Stick with the previous methods for a better experience.
But if you do want to try a Reel download site, some popular options include:
Again use caution as many of these sites attempt to get you to click ads or suspicious links. The safest option is recording Reels directly using the tools above.
Method 5: Use Screen Recorder Browser Extensions
If you prefer saving Reels on your desktop computer, browser-based screen recorder extensions get the job done nicely.
Here are some top options:
- Loom (Chrome/Firefox)
- Screencastify (Chrome)
- Nimbus (Chrome/Firefox)
- Screenity (Chrome)
The general steps are:
- Install the browser extension on Chrome or Firefox.
- Reload Instagram on your browser and open the Reel.
- Click the extension’s screen recorder icon to start capture.
- Let the Reel finish playing then stop recording.
- The MP4 video file will download to your computer.
Browser recorders provide more screen capture options compared to mobile tools. Look for extensions that offer HD quality.
How to Repost Your Saved Instagram Reels
Once you’ve saved Reels to your camera roll, you may want to re-share them on Instagram or other social channels.
To repost a Reel on Instagram, just follow these steps:
- Open the Reel in your camera roll that you want to repost.
- Trim the start/end if needed, then tap “Done”.
- Go to Instagram and tap the + icon in the top left.
- Select “Reel” at the bottom to create a new one.
- Tap “Import” and select your saved Reel from the camera roll.
- Edit with effects, audio, etc. then tap “Next”.
- Add a caption and hashtags as you normally would.
- Tap “Share” to repost the Reel to your Instagram profile.
You can repeat these steps to re-share saved Reels as much as you want.
How to Permanently Download Your Instagram Reels
While your camera roll provides temporary accessible storage, you may want to download Reels for permanent keeping and archiving.
Here are a couple of options to download Reels off your phone:
- Plug phone into computer – Your saved Reels will be in the DCIM > Camera folder which you can copy off your phone.
- Email to yourself – Open the Reel in Photos, tap Share, then choose Email and send the MP4 to yourself for download.
- Use cloud storage – Upload saved Reels to a cloud service like Google Drive or iCloud, then download to your computer.
- Airdrop – iPhone users can Airdrop a Reel file to their Mac for easy transfer.
- Use a downloader app – Apps like Documents by Readdle offer device-to-computer transfer features.
Once downloaded to your computer, you can back up your Reels library permanently so they are not lost if you change phones.
How To Save IG Reels To Camera Roll?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to save Instagram Reels to your camera roll:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
Step 2: Navigate to the Instagram Reel that you want to save.
Step 3: Tap on the Reel to enter full-screen mode.
Step 4: Look for the three-dot menu icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and tap on it.
Step 5: From the menu options that appear, select “Save” or “Save Video.”
Step 6: The Instagram Reel will now be saved to your camera roll.
Step 7: To access the saved Reel, open your device’s gallery or photos app.
Step 8: Look for the recently saved video in your camera roll.
Step 9: Tap on the video to play it and enjoy your saved Instagram Reel.
Remember, not all Instagram Reels can be saved if the creator has disabled the saving feature. In such cases, you can try alternative methods like screen recording or using third-party apps to save the Reel to your camera roll.
How To Save Instagram Reels To Camera Roll Without Watermark?
To save Instagram Reels to your camera roll without a watermark, you can follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
Step 2: Find the Instagram Reel that you want to save without a watermark.
Step 3: Tap on the Reel to enter full-screen mode.
Step 4: While the Reel is playing, quickly take a screenshot of the video. On most smartphones, you can do this by pressing the volume down button and the power button simultaneously. Make sure the screenshot captures the entire Reel.
Step 5: Open your device’s gallery or photos app to access the screenshot you just took.
Step 6: Locate the screenshot and tap on it to view it.
Step 7: To remove the surrounding interface and focus solely on the Reel, you can use the crop or edit function available in your device’s gallery or photos app.
Step 8: Once you have cropped or edited the screenshot, tap on the “Save” or “Save Image” option to save it to your camera roll.
Step 9: The screenshot of the Reel without a watermark is now saved to your camera roll and can be accessed at any time.
By using the screenshot method, you can save Instagram Reels to your camera roll without including the original watermark. However, please remember to respect the intellectual property rights of the content creators and use the saved Reels for personal purposes only.
Can I save other people’s Instagram reels to camera roll?
Let’s admit that sharing and capturing the moments we feel good about is tough. When we try to share our moments, we tend to think about how to share them on social media. There are a lot of tools available for that. One of the most used tools is Instagram, and today we will talk about one feature of Instagram that is very important for all users.
This feature is called the “Save to camera roll” option. This feature allows the user to save the images to their camera roll. Instagram saves all the images you take to your camera roll. There are two options available for this feature.
Option 1: Save to Camera Roll
The first option is to save the images to your camera roll. In this option, you will have a list of your saved photos on your phone. Once you select a photo from that list, you can save the image to your camera roll.
Option 2: Save to Gallery
The second option is to save the images to your gallery. This option allows you to share your saved photos on social media. If you have saved the image to your camera roll, then you will have a new button on your images. If you have saved the image to your gallery, you will not have any buttons on the images.
So, let’s learn how to use this feature.
- Go to the image that you want to save.
- Tap on the image, and the bottom right corner of the screen will show you a list of options.
- Select “Save to camera roll.”
- Now, you will see a list of your saved images.
- Choose the image you want to save to your camera roll and tap on the check mark icon.
- If you want to share the image, you will have a “Share to…” option.
- Select the social media site that you want to share the image and click on the “Share” option.
- You will have a message box where you can add the caption.
- Your image is ready to be shared.
- Your image is now saved to your camera roll.
Top 5 Apps to Save Instagram Reels to Camera Roll
There are a lot of apps available that help you to save Instagram Reels to camera roll. Here are the top 5 best apps to save Instagram Reels to Camera Roll.
PicReel is one of the best apps for saving Instagram Reels to camera roll. With the help of this app, you can save any Instagram video that you like to your device’s photos. This app is available for free on both iOS and Android devices.
Vitamio is one of the best apps that you can use to save Instagram Reels to a camera roll. With the help of this app, you can save Instagram Reels to camera roll. You can download the app for free from Google Play Store.
3. Photos by Google
Photos by Google is one of the best apps to save Instagram Reels to camera roll. This app is free; you can install it directly on your mobile phone.
Insta360 is one of the best apps to save Instagram Reels to camera roll. With the help of this app, you can save Instagram Reels to camera roll. This app is free; you can download it directly to your mobile phone.
Snapseed is one of the best apps to save Instagram Reels to camera roll. With the help of this app, you can save Instagram Reels to camera roll. This app is free; you can download it directly to your mobile phone.
So, these are some of the best apps to save Instagram Reels to camera roll. All of you should try these apps and enjoy the videos.
How to access saved Instagram reels from the camera roll?
Are you a newbie on Instagram or just an expert? What if you have some fantastic images saved on Instagram but don’t have the time to download them and upload them to your profile? Then how will you share them with the world? If you want to save those photos and images, follow the steps below.
First, you need to open the Instagram app. Then, click the menu icon at the top right corner of your screen and select the account option. Then, tap on the “camera roll” option.
Now, scroll to the end and see the “save” option. Click on it, and then select the photo type and save it. You can either save a photo or video, and you can also save a GIF file.
- How to tag someone on Instagram reels?
- How to Pause Instagram Reels?
- How to Add Caption to Instagram Reel?
- How to Make a Reel on Instagram with Photos?
- How To Remix Reels On Instagram With Audio?
With the rising popularity of Instagram Reels for sharing creative video content, many users want to know how to save their videos for offline access and reposting. We covered several straightforward methods for saving your own Reels to your camera roll on both iPhones and Android devices.
- Use the Instagram app’s integrated “Save Video” option on newer Reels.
- Screen record Reels within Android/iOS for older videos.
- Consider 3rd party screen recorder apps for more capture flexibility.
- Browser extensions allow recording Reels on a desktop.
- Exercise caution with external Reel downloader sites due to ads.
Once downloaded, you can easily re-upload your Reels to Instagram again or transfer the MP4 files for permanent archiving. Just follow safe practices and proper attribution if you repost elsewhere.
We hope this guide provides a simple resource for how to save your Instagram Reels offline for repeat viewing and sharing! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Instagram stories allow for downloads of highlight reels?
Launch the Instagram app and look for your preferred reel to download when using an Android device. To copy the link, click the three dots at the bottom. Copy the link, open the Reels Downloader app, and paste it into it. Your Android device will immediately begin downloading the Reel video.
Why my Instagram reels are not getting saved?
Enter your profile page. Pull up the desired Reels. Select the Reel’s three-dot menu from its lower right corner. When prompted, select “Save to camera roll” from the menu that appears.
Is there a way to download Instagram highlights with audio and store them locally without sharing them?
Follow these steps to record audio from your gallery’s Reels:
1. Click the Reel button to watch the movie.
2. To share, click the “Share” link.
3. Your gallery or camera roll will be updated to include the Reels and accompanying audio.
How to get Instagram videos without the app?
Start by looking for the Reel you wish to acquire. You can copy the Instagram Reel link by clicking the ellipsis button. Follow this link to the Instadp website and paste it into the address bar. To obtain this file, please use the link below.
Why would I want to save Instagram Reels to my camera roll?
Saving Instagram Reels to your camera roll offers several benefits. Firstly, it allows you to access and watch your favorite Reels even when you’re offline or don’t have access to the Instagram app. Secondly, saving Reels to your camera roll enables you to easily share them with friends and family who may not be on Instagram. Additionally, by saving Reels, you can curate a collection of your preferred content and revisit them at your convenience.
Are there any limitations to saving Instagram Reels?
While you can save most Instagram Reels to your camera roll, it’s important to remember that some creators may choose to disable the saving feature for their content. This is typically done to protect their intellectual property or maintain exclusivity. If you come across a Reel that cannot be saved, respect the creator’s decision and consider other methods like screen recording or reaching out to the creator for permission to use their content.
How can I organize my saved Instagram Reels?
Organizing your saved Instagram Reels can be done through your device’s gallery or photos app. You can create folders or albums specifically for your saved Reels to keep them organized and easily accessible. Additionally, some devices and gallery apps offer features to tag or add labels to your saved content, making it even easier to search and find specific Reels when needed.
Can I edit saved Instagram Reels on my camera roll?
Once you have saved an Instagram Reel to your camera roll, you can treat it as any other video file on your device. This means you can use video editing apps or software to make edits, add effects, trim the video, or merge multiple Reels together. Explore the various video editing options available on your device or consider downloading a dedicated video editing app from your device’s app store to enhance your saved Reels.
Are there any legal concerns when saving Instagram Reels?
While saving Instagram Reels for personal use is generally acceptable, it’s essential to respect the intellectual property rights of the content creators. Avoid using saved Reels for commercial purposes or without proper permission from the creators. If you plan to share or repost a saved Reel, always give credit to the original creator and seek permission when necessary. Respecting the rights and efforts of the creators helps maintain a positive and ethical online community.
He is a marketing yet SEO specialist and holds experience living in a big Town. When earning a degree, he began utilizing his marketing skills such as SEO for the various big brands in the market. Whether it’s clothing, gaming, or any other industry, Usman is naturally curious to hunt out hidden gems and share them with different marketers. Moreover, he helps different websites to rank easily through his powerful skills. Powerfully opinionative, he likes to discuss topics inside the business with others. A Nintendo critic and proponent, his favorite console is the GameCube. Additionally to managing the SEO for Reels Guides, he creates videos for his Instagram account as well.