Instagram’s Reels feature has gained immense popularity as a platform for creative expression. With its short-form videos, users can showcase their talent, entertain their audience, and connect with like-minded individuals.
While watching reels is enjoyable, you might come across a reel that you want to share with your own followers. But how can you repost reels on your Instagram feed? In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through various methods, tools, and best practices to help you easily share reels and expand your reach.
How to Repost Reels on Instagram Feed?
Reposting reels on your Instagram feed allows you to curate content that resonates with you, while also giving credit to the original creators. Here’s a step-by-step process to help you repost reels on your feed:
1. Screen Recording Method:
One of the easiest ways to repost reels is by using the screen recording feature on your smartphone. Follow these steps:
- Find the reel you want to repost on Instagram.
- Open the reel and pause it at the beginning.
- On your smartphone, navigate to the screen recording feature (usually found in the Control Center on iOS or the notification shade on Android).
- Start the screen recording and let it capture the entire reel.
- Stop the screen recording when the reel finishes.
- Access the recorded video from your phone’s gallery.
- Open Instagram and create a new post.
- Select the recorded video from your gallery and edit it as desired.
- Write a caption, add relevant hashtags, and tag the original creator.
- Finally, share the post on your Instagram feed.
Secret Tip: When using this method, ensure the reel’s original audio is audible and credit the creator in your caption to acknowledge their work.
2. Third-Party Reposting Apps:
Several third-party apps simplify the process of reposting reels on Instagram. These apps offer additional features, such as automatically adding attribution and providing a seamless reposting experience. Follow these steps:
- Download a reputable reposting app from your app store.
- Open the app and connect it to your Instagram account.
- Find the reel you want to repost on Instagram.
- Copy the reel’s link by tapping on the three dots (…) at the bottom-right corner of the reel.
- Return to the reposting app and paste the link.
- Edit the video, add a caption, and choose the option to credit the original creator.
- Finally, repost the reel on your Instagram feed.
Secret Tip: Look for apps with positive reviews and regular updates to ensure a reliable and secure reposting experience.
3. Direct Sharing:
Instagram allows you to share reels directly with your followers through the Direct Messages feature. While this method doesn’t repost the reel on your feed, it still enables you to share the content with specific individuals or groups. Here’s how to do it:
- Find the reel you want to share on Instagram.
- Tap on the paper airplane icon below the reel.
- Select the recipients or groups you wish to send the reel to.
- Add a message or comment if desired.
- Finally, tap on the “Send” button to share the reel via Direct Messages.
4. Create a Remix:
Instagram offers a feature called Remix that allows you to create your own version of a reel while giving credit to the original creator. Here’s how to use this feature:
- Find the reel you want to remix on Instagram.
- Open the reel and tap on the three dots (…) at the bottom-right corner.
- Select “Remix this Reel” from the menu.
- The original reel will appear on the left side of your screen, and your camera will be activated on the right side.
- Start recording your remix by adding your own unique touch to the reel.
- Once you’re satisfied with your remix, tap on the right arrow icon to proceed.
- Edit the video, add a caption, and tag the original creator.
- Finally, share your remix on your Instagram feed.
Secret Tip: Remixing reels allows you to put your own creative spin on the content, making it an engaging way to interact with your audience.
5. Save and Repost Later:
If you come across a reel you’d like to repost but don’t have the time to do it immediately, you can save the reel and repost it later. Follow these steps:
- Find the reel you want to repost on Instagram.
- Tap on the ribbon icon located at the bottom-right corner of the reel.
- The reel will be saved to your Instagram “Saved” collection.
- When you’re ready to repost, go to your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top-right corner to open the menu.
- Select “Saved” to access your saved collection.
- Locate the saved reel and tap on it.
- Tap on the three dots (…) at the top-right corner of the reel.
- Select “Share” and choose the option to “Add Post to Your Story” or “Send To.”
- If you choose “Add Post to Your Story,” customize the reel with stickers, text, or other creative elements.
- If you choose “Send To,” select the recipients or groups you wish to send the reel to.
- Finally, share the reel on your Instagram feed or via Direct Messages.
Secret Tip: Saving reels allows you to curate a collection of inspiring content and share it with your followers at a later time.
How To Repost Reels On Instagram Story?
Instagram’s Reels feature provides a platform for creating and sharing short, engaging videos. While browsing through Reels, you may come across content that you’d like to repost on your own Instagram Story. Reposting Reels on your Story allows you to share entertaining or inspiring content with your followers.
- Open Instagram: Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device. Ensure that you’re logged into your account.
- Find the Reel: Browse through the Reels section of Instagram. You can access Reels by tapping on the magnifying glass icon at the bottom of the screen and selecting the “Reels” tab.
- Select the Reel: Find the Reel that you want to repost on your Story. Once you’ve found it, tap on the Reel to open and play it.
- Tap on the Paper Airplane Icon: Below the Reel, you’ll see various icons. Tap on the paper airplane icon, which represents the “Send” or “Share” option.
- Choose “Add Post to Your Story”: From the list of sharing options, select “Add Post to Your Story.” This will open the Story creation interface with the Reel attached.
- Edit and Customize the Story: Now, you can personalize the reposted Reel on your Story. Use the available tools to add stickers, text, drawings, or other creative elements. You can also resize or reposition the Reel on your Story.
- Add Captions or Comments: If you wish, you can include captions or comments to provide context or your own thoughts about the Reel. Tap on the text field to enter your desired text.
- Tag the Original Creator: It’s essential to give credit to the original creator of the Reel. To do this, tap on the text field and type “@” followed by the original creator’s username. Instagram will suggest usernames as you start typing.
- Preview and Customize Further: Take a moment to preview your reposted Reel on your Story. If you’re satisfied with how it looks, you can proceed. If not, make any necessary adjustments by tapping on the editing tools or the text field.
- Share on Your Story: Once you’re ready to share the reposted Reel on your Story, tap on the “Your Story” button located at the bottom of the screen. This will publish the Story, and it will be visible to your followers for 24 hours.
- How to Find Recently Deleted Reels on Instagram?
- How to Edit Saved Draft Reels on Instagram?
- How to Post Reels on Instagram Stories Without Posting?
- How to Share Instagram Reels to Facebook Stories?
- How to Make Money on Instagram Reels?
Reposting reels on your Instagram feed is a fantastic way to share inspiring content with your followers, support fellow creators, and engage with your audience. Whether you choose to use the screen recording method, third-party reposting apps, direct sharing, remixing, or saving and reposting later, the key is to give credit to the original creator and maintain a respectful approach to content sharing.
By following the step-by-step instructions and best practices outlined in this comprehensive guide, you’ll be able to repost reels confidently and effectively on your Instagram feed. Get ready to enhance your content and expand your reach on this dynamic social media platform!
Frequently Ask Questions
Can I repost reels from private accounts?
No, you can only repost reels from public accounts. Private account reels are not shareable unless you have been granted access by the account owner.
Do I need permission to repost a reel?
While it’s not mandatory, it’s considered good etiquette to ask for permission from the original creator before reposting their reel. This shows respect for their work and builds a positive community on Instagram.
What should I do if I can’t find the “Remix this Reel” option?
The Remix feature may not be available for all reels, as it depends on the original creator’s settings. If you can’t find the Remix option, it means the reel is not eligible for remixing.
Is it necessary to credit the original creator when reposting a reel?
Yes, giving credit to the original creator is essential when reposting a reel. This not only acknowledges their work but also ensures transparency and fosters a supportive Instagram community.
Can I repost a reel multiple times on my feed?
While you can technically repost a reel multiple times, it’s recommended to avoid excessive reposting. Instead, focus on sharing a diverse range of content to keep your feed fresh and engaging for your followers.
Are there any legal considerations when reposting reels?
When reposting a reel, it’s important to respect copyright laws and intellectual property rights. Always give proper credit to the original creator and refrain from altering the content without permission.
Can I repost reels from other platforms on Instagram?
Instagram’s reposting features are designed specifically for content within the Instagram platform. You may need to explore alternative methods or seek permission when reposting content from other platforms.
Can I edit the reel before reposting it on my feed?
Yes, you can edit the reel before reposting it on your feed. Instagram provides various editing tools, such as cropping, adding filters, and adjusting video speed, allowing you to personalize the reel to match your style.
How can I give proper credit to the original creator when reposting?
To give credit to the original creator, make sure to tag them in your caption and mention their username. You can also include a mention or tag within the video itself, ensuring that viewers know who the content belongs to.
He is a marketing yet SEO specialist and holds experience living in a big Town. When earning a degree, he began utilizing his marketing skills such as SEO for the various big brands in the market. Whether it’s clothing, gaming, or any other industry, Usman is naturally curious to hunt out hidden gems and share them with different marketers. Moreover, he helps different websites to rank easily through his powerful skills. Powerfully opinionative, he likes to discuss topics inside the business with others. A Nintendo critic and proponent, his favorite console is the GameCube. Additionally to managing the SEO for Reels Guides, he creates videos for his Instagram account as well.